Monday, May 4, 2009

The Irrational Forces II: A Brief Story of Inappropriateness Or How Charlie Sheen Has Perverted My Nana

My sister is getting married, she is the first person, in my family, to get married since the mid seventies, so it is a very exciting time. It was at my sister's bridal shower, that the irrational forces made themselves apparent. However, before I get into the grim set of events that have left me disturbed, it is necessary to give a brief description of my Nana and the role she has played in my life.

My Nana is devout Irish Catholic, it was on her insistence that I be brought up as such. She has since been a beacon of propriety and social respect. She is a staunch conservative, she even has picture of Ronald Regan in her china hutch. Upon her arrival we little ones were forced to be on our best behavior, meaning no booger or fart jokes, or lewd gestures toward our genitalia. We have since been forced to keep certain aspect of our lives a secret, so as not to upset her image of us. These are some of the things that made me recoil in shock and disgust upon the news of what had transpired at my sister's bridal shower.

At said bridal shower, my Nana was asking my mother about the condition of my brother and I. My mother told my Nana that my brother was fine, as he is unemployed and does not go to school; what could be wrong with that? My mother than told my Nana that I was very stressed out, because of school and work. It is here where the irrational forces reared their sporadic heads. My Nana, who is 80 years young, then said: "He needs sex!" At this point my mother had come face to face with the irrational forces, and was inclined to react. She asked my Nana why she felt it was appropriate to say such a thing, to which my Nana replied "They say it on Two and a Half Men all the time."

Now we can see the way the irrational forces, and Charlie Sheen have corrupted my Nana and destroyed the humble sweet image that she had worked so hard to achieve. How it was that the irrational forces had made this show, wherein they discuss the necessity of sexual activity, appealing to my Nana is beyond me. Further, how it was that the irrational forces had made my Nana feel that it was appropriate to say such things to my mother, and my mother to tell this story to me, is beyond me.

The simple fact that my Nana would feel it necessary to comment on my sexual activity, or lack thereof, is revolting. Further, the idea that sex would help me is wrong, sex would only compound my problems. As it would force me into a feeling of shame and self-loathing that has been brought about by my catholic upbringing, which my Nana had forced on me since birth. Furthering the proof that these irrational forces will not stop plaguing humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment