Monday, April 27, 2009

The Irrational Forces

For whatever reason, I have terrible luck with any bureaucratic process. Perhaps it relates to Phillip K. Dick's idea that there are irrational forces at play in the universe. These irrational forces, should they exist, have made it difficult for me to: graduate, get jobs, and apply for grad school. As I am trying to take my life to a new level, these irrational forces have set themselves against me, in the form of bureaucracies. There are three ways that these irrational forces are keeping from achieving my goals: stupid people, the necessary communication between bureaucracies, and my own attitude toward these bureaucracies.

The first is the basic problem of all systems. Stupid people plague the essential set-up of all bureaucracies, they are the people that depend on bureaucracies and constitute them. It only takes one stupid person to mess up the entire system that the bureaucracy instituted. Clearly, this is an example of the irrational forces at work. A system made for stupid people and comprised of stupid people can only be the result of the irrational.

We now know that bureaucracies are composed of, and instituted for, stupid people. Whenever there is communication between these bureaucracies, there is communication between stupid people. As we all know this never works out well, and the result expected is never the result that occurs. An example of this is when one administration office has to send transcripts to another administration office. The expected result is simple, the transcripts are mailed and received at the appropriate time. The irrational forces do not let this happen. Somewhere the transcripts are lost.

Of course, when I am forced to deal with these institutions my true feelings come out and my desired results do not occur. As I usually approach the stupid people with disdain and animosity, they do not appreciate my sentiments and probably sabotage my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment