Monday, April 6, 2009

Refilling the Well

This semester I have written essays on Foucault, DeLeuze, Xunzi, Kungzi, Popper's theory of Demarcation, and the current condition of anarchism, just to name a few. Why, then, is it so difficult for me to blog? Writing essays on the ancient Chinese and the post-modern philosophers should make it easy to blog. These blogs are simple, I need to pick a topic and write about it, and yet I cannot find something suitable to blog about. I have tried to blog three different times today, and each time resulting in the biggest brain fart imaginable. Hence, an examination of why I cannot fucking blog, seems to be a decent topic of discussion.

First, I am clearly overwhelmed by the amount of work I have had to do this semester. Of course, this is not a good sign, as I am not even half way through the semester, and I therefore will have several more essays to write. Indeed it does seem as if the well, of blog topics, has dried up (this topic is among the last remaining drops of inspiration). So, I must figure out a way to come up with interesting topics to consider.

General frustrations always seem to be a good inspiration for a lengthy blog. So, I must begin by considering what it is that frustrates me. Already, I have been inspired by various ideas, for example: Sharks injuries. I could write very long blog about the way the Sharks have suffered from their regular season injuries. However, the opposite inspiration would serve the same purpose. Writing about things that make me feel good will serve the same ends, for example: even though the Sharks are incredibly injured they still manage to be in first place in the league. Of course my hopes for the future would inspire lengthy blogs as well, for example: In the future I would like the Sharks to win the Stanley cup. By simply examining the forms of inspiration I have discovered three future blog topics.

This shows that venting the frustrations of blogging helps to inspire possible changes in the future. Now I do not feel compelled to come up with grand topics of frustration, such as the inefficiency of the government, or the problems with the theory of "the state of nature." I can merely blog about the mundane frustrations, such as stop lights or broken shoes. Clearly, in the infinite bounds of mundane topics, a brief, four paragraph exposition is always accessible. One need only reach into one's anus and extract them before one's deadline.



No comments:

Post a Comment